Resource for Success
Site Overview | Free Stuff | Contact Us | About Us |
Precious Metal Investing
What You Need to Know Before Investing In Precious Metals Gold can be purchased online, through brick and mortar outlets, and dealers like US Money Reserve or Goldline. In any case investigate the dealer. Investing in silver is available as well. Check out the current Silver Price before investing because it does fluctuate.
Investing in precious metals such as gold may seem an option for only the very rich. In a rocky economy gold can be a smart choice and not just for the wealthy. There are various ways you can invest in gold. The metal itself comes in gold bars or coins. The bars are nearly pure gold. The coins can vary as to how much gold they contain. The value of the coins can be determined by the design of the coin, the reason it was minted, and the age.
Do not sell gold for cash to a buyer who you think is not giving you a fair price.
Gold can be purchased online, through brick and mortar outlets, and dealers like US Money Reserve or Goldline. In any case investigate the dealer. Investing in silver is available as well. Check out the current Silver Price before investing because it does fluctuate.
Investors have the option of storing the gold themselves wherever they like, a safety deposit box for example, or receiving a certificate of ownership.
Investing in mining companies is an alternative way of investing in gold. The downside is that your profit margin may be affected by the management of the company, strikes, advancements in technology, and the country where the mines are located.
Investing in gold can take the form of investing in mutual funds which actually own the tangible gold, shares in mining companies, and gold futures. Since the portfolio is professionally managed and diversified the risk may be less.
If you think you can project the value of gold in the future then consider gold futures.
Tips for Investing in Precious Metals
When most people think of "investing" they think of things like stocks and bonds and CDs with high interest rates. Of course, with the economy where it is, it might be more prudent for investors to start looking into investing in precious metals. If you haven't invested in anything before, here are a few tips for investing in precious metals.
1. Gold is the most popular precious metal to invest in, though there are others (silver, and platinum) available, which make it the most volatile in terms of price. The more something is traded, the less predictable its worth.
2. Platinum, while not as popular as gold is actually the more precious metal and is usually worth about twice as much as gold.
3. Before deciding to invest money, it is a good idea to learn about the different types of precious metals that are available. Typically people trade not in the metal itself but in items formed from the metalóbars, and special coins.
4. Make sure that you shop around. There are metal deals both online and off and while the market has one price for the precious metals, individual dealers might have their own mark up rates.
5. Learn how to really look at bars and coins fashioned from your precious metals. Imperfections, the design and the overall condition of the bars and coins will affect the buying and selling price of your investment.
6. Because precious metals fluctuate so much in price, they should not be the only thing you invest in. Of your total investment portfolio, precious metals should only make up ten percentómaximum.
7. Precious metals, while they should only make up ten percent of your portfolio, are some of the safest things to invest in because they keep their value, even in the event of political or cultural problems.
These are just a few tips to help you get started in the area of investing in precious metals. When you are ready to start investing, your broker and precious metals dealers will have plenty of information to help you make informed choices.
Copyright 1998-2012, Profit
Dee Power & Brian E. Hill
All Rights Reserved Worldwide